Innovation Vouchers Initiative
Companies can now avail of innovation vouchers worth €5,000 to assist in exploring a business opportunity or problem with a registered knowledge provider.
Content Director at Grofuse, Ian Cullen, said: “The innovation voucher initiative has been developed to build links between business and research. This programme helps companies reach the next level by supporting access to the latest skills and consulting services from experts, such as Grofuse.
Businesses will be eligible for the innovation vouchers initiative under the following criteria:
- Must be a small and medium-sized limited company registered in Ireland – except for the agricultural sector.
- Applicants do not have to be a client of Enterprise Ireland to apply.
- Non-commercial and charitable organisations or associations are not eligible for the innovation voucher.
- Must have less than 250 employees.
- Must have an annual turnover of less than €50m.
Conditions of Use
- Small and medium-sized companies may use a maximum of three vouchers, one of which must be a 50% co-funded fast track voucher.
- Companies that have been approved more than €300,000 funding from Enterprise Ireland in the previous 5 years are not eligible to apply for a fully-funded €5,000 standard innovation voucher but are eligible to apply for a co-funded innovation voucher provided that they satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
- A company may have only one active voucher at any point in time.
- Companies will not be eligible for further vouchers until their payments, including VAT, are settled in full with the knowledge providers.
- Knowledge providers in Northern Ireland will also accept vouchers.
- Please note that Innovation Vouchers are exclusive of VAT. The knowledge provider will charge you VAT, and this cost must be settled separately by the company.
There are two options to apply for the voucher
1. Standard Applications
All standard voucher applications must be made via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System.
2. 50-50 co-funded Fast Track Applications
50% co-funded applications – may be submitted anytime.
Types Of Voucher Types Available:
Standard €5k vouchers are available to help a company explore a business opportunity or problem with a registered knowledge provider. You can apply for one of these standard €5,000 at any time, and a response may normally be expected within four weeks. You do not need to identify your knowledge provider in advance, and they are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
The voucher value is €5,000, and the company contributes 50% of the project costs in cash. Therefore, a company may use a co-funded voucher to cover project costs up to €10,000 on a 50-50 co-funded basis. The company and the knowledge provider jointly agree on the project’s work programme in advance of applying. Companies may wish to use this option when they are no longer eligible for a standard voucher (may have used two or more standard vouchers).
This voucher application can be submitted at any time, and a response may normally be expected within four weeks.
Services Grofuse Can Provide:
- New product or process development.
- New business model development.
- New service delivery and customer interface.
- New service development.
- Innovation or technology audit.
How To Apply
All voucher applications must be made via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System.
If you are a first-time applicant, you will have to register on the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System and create your own account.